Monday, June 15, 2009

Navy and Green Flower Cupcakes


I love it when a bride chooses wedding colors that are not typical. In all my years as a wedding planner, I only had one bride who used navy.... this bride being the second. What a gorgeous combination, as you can see by the Style Me Pretty color palette. I personally ADORE navy (hence the logo colors), its so sophisticated, but not too formal.... perfect for a wedding! The green gives a very fresh, zesty feel, great for an evening summer wedding. As a cake designer, you can learn so much about a bride's style by the colors she has chosen, and it is often one of my first questions.
The flower buttercream piping was a serendipitous discovery in the kitchen, after many attempts to make a cool non-rose flower. I used a petal tip and just went round and round, garnished it with a sugar flower pearl stamen and called it a day! The navy and white polka dot ribbon was taped onto a regular cake stand

No comments: