Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Camellia and Lace Wedding Cake


I first made this cake in buttercream in October for a dear friend, and I must confess that every time a bride circles "traditional" on her wedding words worksheet, my little heart pitter patters at the remote thought of making this cake. As with every cake, this time we did it a little different. Since my flower class with Ron Ben-Isreal, my sugar flower skills have improved a tiny, tiny bit (blog post about him, his class and the wonderful flowers this coming soon!). I made this camellia in his class, and almost cried when it went out the door forever.... but knew it went to a deserving bride. We also went with fondant this time to give it an even neater appearance, and great surface for piping lace pattern in royal icing.


No comments: